mikeZellers.blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

shakespeare: sonnet 29

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf Heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least:
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee,--and then my state
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven's gate;
For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings'.

5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful beyond words.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sharon K said...

that is nice!

is that from the sonnets?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Mike said...

yes - from the sonnets - found a lit book someone left behind in the computer lab. i read it and it reminded me of 3 certain young women...

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Sharon K said...

oh god I'm an idiot... of cos it's from the sonnets..it's the title of your post!

/slaps head

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Mike said...

well, i was gonna try and pass it off as an original, but i knew kristin would bust me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger