mikeZellers.blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

interview w/a demigoddess...

kristin had a meme where she was interviewed and asked for volunteers. ever up for a challenge, i gleefully volunteered...

1) When you were a little boy, what did you want to be when you grew up and why?
there are few people surviving from when i was a little boy, and those that have either don't read this blog or are so far into their dotage, that i can make pretty much anything up. but, alas, i will be honest. when i was a little boy, i wanted to be a priest. had pseudo-masses in our kitchen. our dog, buttons (awww *sniff*, rip) would happily eat the rest of the communion hosts (either ers or bread). why? my family was very involved in our church.

in high school, i wanted to write - specifically be a journalist...

by and large i am still a little boy and i want to do pretty much what i am doing now, but get paid much more...

2) What is the wildest thing you have ever done? Do you regret it? Why or why not?
hehe - i reserve the right to be very selective here. while i am not sure what i am going to write about is the *wildest* thing i've done, it's the *wildest* thing i care to write about. also, keep in mind that *wild* for me, is not really the same as wild for, say, scott weiland. i recall (or nearly recall) a party, where i was holding court. stridently defending barney and pontificating in a way that was truly funny. i was pretty hammered. a foaf took me home - a guy and his friend (who was the relative of some south american political king pin (seriously)). well, i made it to the door of my house and decided, rather than going in, i apparently decided i'd just sleep on the porch. this is the middle of winter, mind you, wearing a very light jacket. at some point, my wife called the host of the party, who told her, i left hours ago. she looked out on the porch, and there i was. seriously, it's a wonder i didn't freeze to , or do a jimi hendrix. well, my tiny little wife, dragged me into the foyer, to sleep...and i survived, i guess

3) If you were given the chance to travel in time, where would you go and to what year in particular? Why?
hmmmm -i have many answers here....
july 1, 2005 - so i will have completed my masters...
late 40's or 50's, nyc, when bop ruled...
but my real answer would be 4 hours ago, so me and my daughter could clear the last level in star wars: lego

do y'all remember in LOST IN TRANSLATION, when bill murray talks about how wonderful it is to see your kids grow into being such great people - where, there you go...

4) Imagine that your weblog becomes wildly popular: your hit counter skyrockets, your comments are overflowing, and everyone is emailing you about everything you post. Name 3 positive things that could come of this, and 3 negative things.
positive:
hearing my own voice thrills me - a large audience would thrill me more...
perhaps sandra bullock would check me out
i'd have an opportunity to share what i care about

bad things:
i may write for my audience rather than myself...
i'd feel the need to be *interesting* 24/7
wil wheaton might link to me...

fortunately, there is only a negligible chance this will happen, so i guess i am safe!!!


5) What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
summer. duh...
a no-brainer, imho
for the reason why - listen to any beach boys record...or go down to lakeview beach - or compare it with shoveling the driveway...

6) Can you juggle?
yes, i can!!!!


now, the first 5 that ask, will get interviewed by me!

3 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On 2: We might not be tall, but we're tougher than we look.

On 5: I take it you don't have hayfever then...

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Not as wild as Scott Weiland. Heh. :-)

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I wanted to be a pilot and a writer.
2. No comment and yes I regret it.
3. the 40s because the spirit of the American people was indestructable. FDR was president.
4. Positive: a. People would really like what I was writing.
b. I'd improve my writing skills. c. Jodie Foster would fall for me.
5. Spring because in summer here in TX asphalt nearly returns to it's liquid state in the heat.

^. No but a girl can dream, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger