mikeZellers.blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

jack johnson: surfer, musician, philosopher

And I got no time
That I got to get to
Where I dont need to be


words to live by, i think. i'd get them tattoo'ed on my chest if i was sure i understood what they meant - i'm pretty sure it's a very cool sentiment, but there are a lot of negatives (double? triple?? quadruple??? - lost count) - perhaps i parsed1 it wrong...

1parse is a word i use often in my ciss2 classes that often gets a blank look - isn't it used anymore - is it archaic, like "methinks"? don't folks parse sentences anymore? don't other ciss teachers use it... for those who don't understand the word, here is a definition

2computer and information systems (wow, a nested footnote - a blog first, i'm guessing)

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And I got no time
That I got to get to
Where I dont need to be"

Hmm...
Makes sense to me. He doesn't have time to be where he doesn't have to.

Which is fine, but if everyone thought that way, there would be no explorers--most people who explore the world do so out of curiousity, not necessity.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its great, I think he's trying to say... Why waste time rushing somewhere, where you don't really have to be. There is more to life than what we think. Spend time with those you LOVE!
-Chantelle Allen

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE JACK JOHNSON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger